Final Fantasy 14 is a popular online game that you can play with multiple players. The amazing characters and storyline make it worth playing. It has become a popular game for years. The game is constantly being updated and so the threat of bugs is minimized as well. The active community of the game is growing day by day. Updating the game is not easy. It may happen with the users that while they are updating the game the screen gets black and in just a few seconds the error message appears on the screen. The message says FFxiv is unable to download patch files. This message appears with the name error 30413.
We are creating this guide to let you understand the possible causes and solutions to this error.
Causes Of FFXIV Error 30413
The error includes disrupting the download processes and updating the patches. Some software experts also suggest that the problem can be because of the country region and the routing problem too. The windows firewall and network problems including DNS cache and Ports can also cause Error 30413.
The most important causes behind the Error include the following
- Country Region
- Temporary Server Error
- DNS issues
- Network Issues
Other Types Of Error 30413
Errors similar to Error 30413 regarding the patches are as follows:
- (30413) (20496)
- FFXIV download
- Unable to install ffxiv
- FFXIV patch download
Fixing The Error
To fix the download patch files error related to FFXIV here is the list of solutions that can help you.
Waiting to let the error correction can help you resolve the problem. It may take an hour, and sometimes less than that. There can be temporary issues with the server. If you are patient and let the server work normally, then you may see the problem settling in some time. It can sometimes be due to several users connected to the server. The rest of the steps in disregard are as follows:
- Use the Game’s Official Forums.
- Check the site to see if there are official announcements regarding the server problem.
- Do consult the other friends if they are encountering the same problem.
- If the problem is only with your side, then it is better to wait for a little or switch to the next mode of correction.
2.Working With Virtual Private Network
One of the most reliable ways of managing the error is to resort to VPN software. This would unblock the network limitations that are imposed by the ISP settings. If you are using the VPN, it becomes easier to access all the websites and servers that are actually blocked.
- Get the best VPN program downloaded.
- Let the download complete and then click for the installation.
- You can now run the program and change the location.
- It will shield the IP.
- Run the game and check if the error is still happening.
3.Getting Rid Of The Faulty Folder
The third alternative is to get rid of the folder that is causing the problem. The problem can be fixed by removing the folder. This folder is associated with the games.
- Go to My Computer in the Start Menu.
- Hold Windows+E to open the file explorer.
- Click on documents on My Computer.
- Check the folder with the title My Games and open it.
- Go to the folder that has Final Fantasy XIV.
- Click to open Downloads folder > Patch Folder.
- Locate the 4e9a232b folder in the Patch Folder.
- Right-click and then delete the 4e9a232b folder.
- Try running Steam offline and make sure the error is fixed.
4.Changing The DNS Settings
If the above three solutions have not worked, you may try using the following steps as the fourth alternative regarding fixing the problem.
- Go to the Run Window and add ncpa. Cpl in the search field. Press Enter.
- A new window will appear. Check the Network you want in there.
- Check the network connection Properties.
- If you now visit the Internet Protocol version you need to click on the Properties button
Network and Sharing Center.
- Check the DNS server addresses section.
- Enter 188.8.131.52 in the Preferred DNS server field.
- Add 184.108.40.206 in the Alternate DNS server field.
- Restart the system to save the changes.
- In case the problem continues, you may restart from Step 5.
- Alter the Preferred and Alternate DNS server field to 220.127.116.11
Read More: How To Fix Discord Overlay Not Working
Added above is the troubleshooting guide that would let you correct the gaming problems so that you can enjoy FFXIV with no inconvenience. It would ultimately resolve the problem of the Unable to Download Patch Files error.
LiveWin is a popular Tech Blog where you can find the latest happenings in the Tech World whether be it about how to, software, gadgets, news, apps, reviews, gaming, etc. If you are a good writer and want to contribute then you can submit a guest post technology using the contact page.